Florida is currently using the 2011 NEC® and requires 14 hours of continuing education every 2 years. Classroom and online classes are accepted.
14 hours of Continuing Education must include:
• 7 hours technical
• 1 hour workers’ compensation
• 1 hour workplace safety
• 1 hour business practices
• 1 hour state Building Code advanced module course
• 1 hour Florida Laws & Rules
• 2 hours false alarm prevention (for all certified and registered alarm contractors and certified electrical contractors who perform alarm work)
• Remaining hours general credit
JCR Productions is an approved provider for the 7 technical hours: Review and Renew the NEC® and the Detailed NEC Workshop.
ONLINE COURSE AVAILABLE: We are also an approved online provider for 7 technical and 1 business practices course – for a total of 8 CEUs. Sign up for a Florida online course – $40.