The North Carolina Electrical Board has approved Virtual Workshops to count towards your classroom credit.
November 15th, 2023 (Wednesday) 12pm-4pm
4 CEUs or *8 CEUS
The 2020 NEC introduces sweeping revisions for both safety and in meeting the evolving demands of power created by new and affordable technologies. This course reviews fundamentals of what an electrician needs to know to meet the higher levels of efficiency; emphasis on power quality and energy management.
Synchronous Virtual Learning – lecture, discussion of topics, and hands-on problem solving and calculations
- review fundamental principles of supplied energy and how to assess the current safety of installed electrical systems.
- learn alternate and more efficient solutions for problems faced in the field especially as it relates to power management.
- learn alternate and more efficient and safe solutions for problems faced in the field.
Power Quality and Energy Management Content
Article 750 – Utility Energy Quality – Six Phases of Process Flow – Eight Fundamentals of the Process – System Assessment Factors – Power Quality and Thermal Imaging – Properties of Resistance – Methods of Installation – Delivery vs Usage – System Analysis Results – Process Evaluation – Referencing the NEC
Ref: Articles 220, 310, 430, 420-490, 750; Chapter 9- Table 4, 5, 8, 9
- POWER QUALITY PowerPoint (link to handouts in your confirmation email).
- National Electrical Code 2020 Edition.
- JCR staff are available during the workshop to answer technical questions and assist students and instructor as needed.
Registrants will be provided with the Zoom login at registration.
*A COMPLIMENTARY ONLINE COURSE IS PROVIDED TO EVERYONE ATTENDING THIS CLASS! YOU CAN EARN AN ADDITIONAL 4 CEUs AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU!
Additional state reporting available – we can let you know on a state by state basis if this course has been approved. You must purchase that additional state reporting prior to the date of the workshop.