This course has been approved by the NCBEEC as a synchronous virtual learning environment and counts towards your classroom-based CEU hours.
Thursday, December 22nd, 2022 – 9am-1pm
4 CEUs or *8 CEUs
This is an interactive workshop focused on learning and/or reviewing multiple concepts that are essential for active electrical contractors. The emphasis is on learning, refreshing, and improving one’s knowledge and exposure of the National Electrical Code. The 2020 NEC introduces sweeping revisions for safety and in meeting the evolving demands of power created by new and affordable technologies.
- Licensees will demonstrate improved navigation skills within the NEC® by getting them actively into the code.
- Licensees will learn problem-solving techniques by actively working through mathematical processes.
- Licensees will learn alternate and more efficient solutions within the field.
- Licensees will learn and evaluate 2020 NEC® changes as it relates to electrical work and their individual specialization.
2020 Code Changes Content
Communications – Four New Articles – Definitions – Overcurrent & Overvoltage Protection – Use and Identification of Grounded Conductors – Ampacity Reorganization – Conductors for General Wiring – Flexible Cords and Cables
Ref: Articles 100, 200, 242, 300, 310, 400, etc
- 2020 NEC® CHANGES PowerPoint (link to handouts in your confirmation email).
- National Electrical Code 2020 Edition.
- JCR staff are available during the workshop to answer technical questions and assist students and instructor as needed.
Registrants will be provided with the Zoom login at registration.
*A COMPLIMENTARY ONLINE COURSE IS PROVIDED TO EVERYONE ATTENDING THIS CLASS! YOU CAN EARN AN ADDITIONAL 4 CEUs AT NO EXTRA COST TO YOU!
Additional state reporting available – we can let you know on a state by state basis if this course has been approved. You must purchase that additional state reporting prior to the date of the workshop.